Thursday, July 2, 2009

Google - Voice or Route?

Google voice is the latest from Google's ever growing list of services and it could be the most useful of all next to Gmail. Ever worried about the changing numbers when you get a new phone deal? I used to get a new connection (also change numbers) every six months from a wireless connection agent, my friends would give snide response when I say I changed number because they know I did it for new phone that I get along with it. Looks like google heard about my plight and gave us the google voice, with this I can keep one number as a facade and can keep any number of phone connections underlying it and I don't have to worry about informing others about my new connections and I hope Google will keep its voice service for free like its rest of the services. Google Voice might be a misnomer because at this point you can't make/receive call directly from google voice with out routing to another phone. Can we call it Google Router?

No comments:

Post a Comment